- 08/13/2020On Univision, Thursday, August 13th at 7pm, check out Class of 2022's Vinita Akula and Gabby Cintron being recognized as “Community Change Makers” at the annual Premios Juventud, a Latin youth music award ceremony for their work in creating the Coronavirus Kindness Project. In April 2020, the duo created a website, “Kindness amid the Coronavirus,” to highlight and share positive stories in an effort to offset the anger, sadness and stress felt across the globe. The website collects and tracks user-submitted stories and displays them in a map. To see the map and submit a story, visit http://kindness-amid-coronavirus.com. WAY TO GO representing FSU COM, we are so proud of you!
- 08/12/2020Congratulations Randy Ahluwalia, Courtney Alexander, and Kevin Reyes for being chosen by the Delta Chapter's FSU COM Class of 2021's Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society! Founded in 1902, “Alpha Omega Alpha is dedicated to the belief that, in the profession of medicine, we will improve care for all by: recognizing high educational achievement; honoring gifted teaching; encouraging the development of leaders in academia and the community; supporting the ideals of humanism; and, promoting service to others.” The criteria for nomination includes, but is not limited to, scholastic achievement, demonstrated professionalism, leadership capabilities, adherence to ethical standards, fairness in dealing with colleagues, achievement in medicine and/or research, and a record of service to school and community. AΩA advocates for diversity in all its forms when identifying candidates for nomination – identity, cultural, geographic, experiential, race, ethnicity, gender, age, economic and social status, physical abilities, aptitude, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and other ideologies.
- 06/04/2020What started as an effort to provide masks for her hometown and the local Tallahassee community quickly grew to include med students – not just at FSU, but UF as well.
- 05/14/2020The 11 students in the Bridge Program’s Class of 2020 took to Zoom on Tuesday morning to present their research findings to deans, department heads, mentors, administrators, faculty and staff for the annual Bridge Graduation Luncheon.
- 05/06/2020In an effort to offset the anger, sadness and stress felt across the globe, Vinita Akula and Gabby Cintron created a website, “Kindness amid the Coronavirus,” to highlight and share positive stories.
- 04/28/2020The College of Medicine’s Chapman Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society has earned the ranking of "exemplary" from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation.
- 03/31/2020I am currently a 2nd year at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Ga. We have been hit pretty hard with COVID and my residency has filled in and helped on the front lines from the beginning.I have not only worked our drive thru to swab all potential COVID positive patients in Southwest Georgia, but have also helped start our Telemedicine clinics across town. I have helped first hand make sure that our patients are cared for and that our clinics can continue to care for their patients despite the pandemic... I thank FSU COM for training me so well and giving me the opportunity to give back during a time such as this. #FSUCOMStrong
Dr. Travisha E. Vaughns, PGY2
- 03/03/2020Geffe's story of compassionate medicine, "We Can Do Better: Challenging Providers to Refrain from Toxic Remarks" was published February in the Academic Psychiatry journal.
- 01/27/2020The American Academy of Neurology has identified the College of Medicine’s Student Interest Group in Neurology as one of five outstanding chapters in the nation.