Sponsored Funding Assistance
Office of Research Administration
We are a customer service oriented office providing a wide range of assistance to College of Medicine (CoM) faculty, staff and students. This includes managing the pre-award process for new or transferring sponsored contracts and grants. Med-RA is responsible for all matters pertaining to research and other sponsored project proposals until such time as the contract, grant, or subrecipient agreement is awarded. Post-award support is then provided by Research Accounting.
NIH recently announced some upcoming changes to their Biosketch and Other Support forms, effective for applications and RPPRs due on and after May 25, 2021. These changes are explained in NOT-OD-21-073.
Many informational details are provided in the notice and we encourage you to read it in its entirety, but we would like to specifically call your attention to several significant changes:
The Biosketch form
- Section A ‘Personal Statement”: applicants may include details on ongoing and completed research projects from the past three years that they want to draw attention to (currently reported in Section D).
- Section B ‘Positions and Honors’ has been renamed ‘Positions, Scientific Appointments, and Honors’.
- Section D has been removed from the non-Fellowship Biosketch form.
- Section D has been updated to remove ‘Research Support’ from the Fellowship Biosketch form.
The Other Support form
- The format page has been re-organized to separate funded projects from in-kind contributions.
- Each PD/PI or senior/key personnel must electronically sign their respective Other Support form as a PDF prior to submission.
Also regarding Other Support, please note that:
- Supporting documentation relating to foreign appointments and activities must be provided in addition to the Other Support form. Documentation includes copies of contracts, grants or any other agreement specific to senior/key personnel foreign appointments and/or employment with a foreign institution for all foreign activities and resources that are reported in the Other Support form. If the contracts, grants or other agreements are not in English, translated copies must be provided.
- When a recipient organization discovers that a PI or other Senior/Key personnel on an active NIH grant failed to disclose Other Support information outside of Just-in-Time or the RPPR, as applicable, the recipient must submit updated Other Support to the Grants Management Specialist named in the Notice of Award as soon as it becomes known.
Latest Funding Opportunities and Announcements Newsletter
To search for potential funding opportunities, please utilize this page. Once there, you can filter and use the tags to sort the funding opportunities in many different ways to tailor the results to your area of expertise.
More Research Opportunities and Announcements Newsletters coming soon!
Other funding resources can be found using either the link provided on the left-hand navigation bar or the links shown in the table below.