Sponsored Funding Assistance
Office of Research Administration (Med-RA)
We are a customer service oriented office providing a wide range of assistance to College of Medicine (CoM) faculty, staff and students. This includes managing the pre-award process for new or transferring sponsored contracts and grants, and facilitating COM approval for collaborative proposals. Med-RA is responsible for all administrative matters pertaining to funding proposals until the contract, grant or subcontract proposal is awarded. Post-award support is then provided by Research Accounting.
When to Contact Us
Employees and students of the College of Medicine must seek institutional (FSU) approval before committing time or resources on a contract, grant or sub-recipient proposal. The proposal preparation and COM approval process is coordinated through the Med-RA office, before submission for approval by FSU’s Sponsored Research Administration (SRA) or Research Foundation (FSURF). Proposals for internal (COM or FSU) programs that may not require institutional approval must also be reviewed by Med-RA prior to submittal.
Contact Med-RA if you:
- Are considering applying for an internal or external contract or grant, whether it involves research or not, and you will be the principal investigator on the proposal.
- Will be applying to an internal grant program (e.g., CoM, CRC, Office of Commercialization),
- Have been invited to participate by someone outside CoM on a contract or grant, in any capacity (including consultant), whether salary is included or not,
- Wish to represent FSU and/or CoM by participating in a limited submission competition.
- Are required to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) or pre-application prior to a full proposal,
- Are transferring a grant to or from FSU, or
- Have received a Just-in-time (JIT) request, Notice of Award (NOA or NGA), or a draft contract from a sponsor.
Notice to Med-RA: 30 days before the sponsor’s due date, or as soon as you know you will submit or participate on a proposal.
Draft documents to Med-RA: 10 business days before the sponsor’s due date. This allows us to review documents for compliance, build applications in submittal systems, and facilitate internal and external approvals.
Draft proposal submitted to FSU Sponsored Research or FSU Research Foundation: 3 business days before the sponsor’s due date. This is an FSU policy. You can continue to edit most documents until time of submittal.
If in doubt, contact us for guidance at email@example.com. Receipt of your email will be acknowledged immediately, and an analyst will be assigned to support your efforts. Good luck!
- COM 10-day Advance Proposal Review Guidelines
- COM Indirect Cost Recovery Expectations and Guidelines
- FSU Indirect Cost (F&A) Rate Agreement
- FSU Investigator Eligibility Policy
- FSU Proposal Submission Policy - 3 Day Rule
- FSU Cost Sharing Policy
- FSU Office for Human Subjects Protection and IRB
- FSU Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC)
- FSU Environmental Health and Safety
- FSU Research Compliance