Participating on non-COM Sponsored Projects
COM investigators that are asked to collaborate on a project where the Principal Investigator is on campus but appointed through another department, college, institute or center, still must seek COM approval before
formally committing time or resources on a contract, grant or sub-recipient agreement.
When you foresee collaborating on a project that originates outside of the College of Medicine, please contact us immediately by sendng an email to email@example.com. An analyst will be assigned to assist you with securing COM approvals.
Some Points to Consider
- Is the reporting credit equitable?
- Is the proper COM department ID included?
- Are COM salaries, percent efforts, and fringe calculated properly?
- Are the corresponding Appointment Types and employee ID # correct?
- Are COM personnel properly identified in the Personnel Justification?
- Are there direct expenses involved other than personnel costs?
- For federal projects, has the Financial Conflict of Interest disclosure occurred?
- Is COM listed on the PTF to receive appropriate post award notifications?