College of Medicine Proposal Development & Manuscript Support
Assistant Dean for Research Administration
Terra can help our entire range of investigators with a myriad of grant-related tasks. Below are just some of the work she can help with.
- Developing and editing aims, research strategies, and introductions to resubmissions. It always helps to have a fresh set of eyes on these important documents, and Terra can almost always accommodate last-minute requests.
- Developing and editing associated documents including abstracts for both scientific and general audiences, budget justifications, biosketches, facilities and other resources, vertebrate animals, and resource sharing. Essentially, Terra is happy to help with any grant-related document that has words on it.
- Providing examples of various proposal types and associated documents including leadership plans, broader impacts, data management plans, and postdoc training plans. Always ask Terra before hunting for examples on your own.
- Drafting letters of support. Not only does Terra have a huge collection of example letters, Terra can also draft new letters. As a bonus, Terra can help secure letters from various Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) partners.
- Identifying internal and external funding sources. Terra compiles CoM’s unofficial funding opportunity blog. You might consider her a human Rolodex of possible funding opportunities.
- Finding internal and external collaborators. The CTSA has many benefits, and one of them is that Terra’s knowledge of the researchers at FSU and at UF has become vast. If you think you need a collaborator at FSU, UF, or beyond, Terra can likely find some and perform introductions.
- Editing manuscripts that have some link to external funding, whether it be manuscripts publishing grant-funded research or manuscripts that have data (preliminary or otherwise) that need to be published in order to increase the chances of securing external funding.