Gabrielle Yap Sam to be honored by Florida Board of Medicine
Gabrielle Yap Sam, a fourth-year medical student at the Daytona Beach Regional Campus, will be honored by the Florida Board of Medicine as part of its Chairman’s Medical Student Recognition Program.
Nominated by John P. Fogarty, M.D., dean of the Florida State University College of Medicine, and approved by Scot Ackerman, M.D., chair of the Florida Board of Medicine, Yap Sam is being recognized for the following qualities:
• Demonstrates extraordinary medical and social competence and the skill expected of a young medical professional.
• Embodies the highest moral and ethical character.
• Demonstrates superior education inspiration/aspiration.
• Exhibits outstanding service to the profession and the community.
• Displays exemplary scholarly activity.
• Is a proven compassionate leader.
• Is an outstanding mentor and roll model.
The award will be presented at the Board of Medicine’s meeting on Feb. 3 in Jacksonville.