- 11/09/2020Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health Associate Professor, Christie Alexander, discussed COVID-19 and the upcoming flu season in Oprah Magazine and Men's Health.
- 11/09/2020Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health Assistant Professor, Dr. Shermeeka Hogans-Mathews, was presented the Outstanding Junior Faculty Educator Award at the Annual College of Medicine Full Faculty and Staff Awards Program held Monday, November 9, 2020.
- 11/09/2020Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health Assistant Professor, Dr. Charles Fleischer, was announced as the 2020 First Year Assistant Professor Poster Competition Award Winner.
- 07/20/2020Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health Associate Professor, Christie Alexander, answers COVID-19 questions on WCTV every week.
- Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health Chair, Dr. Joedrecka Brown Speights, Invited to Speak at AAFP National Conference07/20/2020Dr. Joedrecka Brown Speights was invited to speak about family medicine, health equity and spirituality at the American Academy of Family Physicians National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students that was held virtually on July 31 through August 1. Dr. Brown Speights speech took place during the AAFP National Conference capstone main stage event on 8/1/2020 at 10am CST.
- 01/28/2020Dr. Susan LaJoie was named Migrant Health Professional of the Year by the Florida Department of Education's Bureau of Federal Educational Programs.