Dr. Joedrecka Brown Speights Becomes Member of GHHS
Florida State University College of Medicine Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health Chair, Dr. Joedrecka Brown Speights, has become one of the newest faculty members of the Chapman Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS). She was chosen from 20 outstanding faculty members nominated by students in the FSU CoM Class of 2021. Nominees are then selected by the GHHS Students in the class to be a member of the FSU Chapman Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society.
Selection criteria included:
- Consistently demonstrates compassion and empathy in the delivery of care to patients
- Serves as a role model—illustrates professional behavior for students and colleagues
- Shows respect for everyone (s)he comes in contact with
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in working with patients and family members of diverse ethnic or religious backgrounds
- Displays effective communication and listening skills
- Shows respect for the patient’s viewpoint
- Demonstrates exemplary service to others
- Adheres to professional and ethical standards
- Displays proficiency in clinical and scientific endeavors
We are fortunate to have an incredible cadre of amazing clinician-teachers at FSUCOM to help shape our healers of tomorrow. For additional information, please visit https://med.fsu.edu/ghhs/home
Congratulations, Dr. Brown Speights!