Mission, Vision, Values and Goals
The mission of the Florida State University, School of Physician Assistant Practice is to educate and prepare physician assistants to practice patient-centered healthcare in any clinical setting and to be responsive to community needs, especially through service to elder, rural, minority and underserved populations throughout the state of Florida.
The Florida State University, School of Physician Assistant Practice will be a national leader in PA education preparing highly skilled, compassionate PAs to practice the highest quality 21st Century patient-centered care.
Program Core Values
Core values exist for all of those affiliated with the School of Physician Assistant Practice at Florida State University. They are more than minimum standards and are designed to inspire us to do our very best at all times in the classroom, in our personal lives and as we engage in the practice of clinical medicine. As faculty, staff and students, it is important we understand them, use them and encourage others to do the same.
- Integrity: We strive to always do the right thing (even when no one is looking) and act in ways that do not discredit ourselves, our program or profession.
- Accountability: We stand on the results of our own merit.
- Excellence: We pursue excellence in every aspect of our personal and professional lives.
- Intellectual Curiosity: We practice curiosity, initiative, critical thinking and self-reflection in our personal and professional lives
- Openness: We encourage the free flow of information and seek feedback from all directions.
- Respect: We respect everyone. No exceptions.
- Service: We serve to make the lives of others better.
- Advocacy: We seek to eliminate barriers to quality healthcare and advocate for our patients, our team and our profession.
- Goal 1: Recruit a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
- Goal 2: Educate physician assistants that practice evidence-based, patient-centered healthcare
in rural and underserved communities throughout the state of Florida.
- Goal 3: Develop a culture of leadership and professionalism that inspires our graduates to take
leadership roles within the community and the profession.
- Goal 4: Achieve PANCE pass rates that are consistently above the national average.
- Goal 5: Encourage a commitment to lifelong learning and personal and professional growth.
- Goal 6: Maintain program accreditation that ensures continuity in the academic experience
and ensures our graduates have the requisite knowledge and skills for entry into
The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation - Provisional status to the Florida State University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Florida State University.
Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation-Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.
Accreditation-Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. It is limited to no more than five years from matriculation of the first class.