- 11/16/2020Great news to share!
The Surgeon General of Florida appointed FAPA Past Presidents, John Byrnes and Katie Callaway as the two additional PA representatives on the Council on Physician Assistants. They will work with FAPA Past President & current Chair, Dayne Alonso on this important Council.
They will serve a 4-year term starting now.
Per recent passage of HB 713, this Council now occupies 3 PAs and 2 physicians.
Thanks to all the 6 PAs who applied to this Council. Our PA profession will continue to be well represented within this specific Council of the Florida Board of Medicine.
- 11/03/2020Great article, "Leading Your Culture," by Dr Nate Falk in this season's Fall 2020 publication!
- 08/13/2020On Univision, Thursday, August 13th at 7pm, check out Class of 2022's Vinita Akula and Gabby Cintron being recognized as “Community Change Makers” at the annual Premios Juventud, a Latin youth music award ceremony for their work in creating the Coronavirus Kindness Project. In April 2020, the duo created a website, “Kindness amid the Coronavirus,” to highlight and share positive stories in an effort to offset the anger, sadness and stress felt across the globe. The website collects and tracks user-submitted stories and displays them in a map. To see the map and submit a story, visit http://kindness-amid-coronavirus.com. WAY TO GO representing FSU COM, we are so proud of you!
- 08/12/2020Congratulations Randy Ahluwalia, Courtney Alexander, and Kevin Reyes for being chosen by the Delta Chapter's FSU COM Class of 2021's Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society! Founded in 1902, “Alpha Omega Alpha is dedicated to the belief that, in the profession of medicine, we will improve care for all by: recognizing high educational achievement; honoring gifted teaching; encouraging the development of leaders in academia and the community; supporting the ideals of humanism; and, promoting service to others.” The criteria for nomination includes, but is not limited to, scholastic achievement, demonstrated professionalism, leadership capabilities, adherence to ethical standards, fairness in dealing with colleagues, achievement in medicine and/or research, and a record of service to school and community. AΩA advocates for diversity in all its forms when identifying candidates for nomination – identity, cultural, geographic, experiential, race, ethnicity, gender, age, economic and social status, physical abilities, aptitude, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and other ideologies.
- 03/31/2020I am currently a 2nd year at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Ga. We have been hit pretty hard with COVID and my residency has filled in and helped on the front lines from the beginning.I have not only worked our drive thru to swab all potential COVID positive patients in Southwest Georgia, but have also helped start our Telemedicine clinics across town. I have helped first hand make sure that our patients are cared for and that our clinics can continue to care for their patients despite the pandemic... I thank FSU COM for training me so well and giving me the opportunity to give back during a time such as this. #FSUCOMStrong
Dr. Travisha E. Vaughns, PGY2
- 08/31/2019Michael Penfold sharing his poster "Utility of Echocardiogram as a Screening Tool for Congenital Heart Disease in Infants with Cystic Fibrosis" at the Florida Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics “Future of Pediatric Practice 2019”
Congrats Mike, way to represent!
- 08/31/2019Alexa Rivera and Erin Petrie presenting their poster, "Optimization of Integration of a Novel, Validated Autism Screening Tool in Primary Care Pediatrics," at the Florida Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics “Future of Pediatric Practice 2019” Conference. Way to represent the Orlando Campus ladies!
- 12/21/2017Local doctors host event to support partnership with Florida State...
- 06/15/2017Congratulations Debra Andree, MD, BSN, FAAP for being chosen as this year's Inaugural Honoree of the Dr. Salvatore Silvestri Award!
- 02/27/2017OneFlorida Clinical Research Consortium holds 2017 Annual Stakeholder Meeting
- 12/12/2016Orlando Health announced a $500,000 donation to support the Florida State University College of Medicine’s Orlando program