What we believe:
Who we are:
We are a 3-year, ACGME certified program with a 100% Board Exam Pass Rate since our inception.
Our residency program offers you a close-knit fellowship with other residents, staff and faculty, while preparing you to graduate the program fully equipped to practice full-spectrum family medicine. Our residents provide the highest quality of comprehensive and compassionate care to patients throughout their life cycle, with particular emphasis on the goal of reducing health disparities for the underserved community. We are near downtown Fort Myers, a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HSPA). Due to a shortage of primary care physicians in Southwest Florida, there exists numerous opportunities for graduates to work in ambulatory, inpatient, and long-term care facilities. Click here to see the practice types and locations for all our graduates.
What sets us apart:
We believe our program to be distinct in three ways:
- Engaging with our community
- Our residents and faculty are active in various outreach projects in the area, with opportunities to serve in various roles as healers for our community.
- Multiple optional focused tracks including Health Disparities, Global Health, Sports Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine
- 6 out of our 11 faculty are board certified in Lifestyle Medicine
- Fostering an environment where resident’s voices and ideas are heard and acted upon
- Chiefs join weekly Faculty and Leadership Meetings to bring feedback
- Residents meet biweekly to discuss important issues for the Chiefs to bring to the faculty