First Time in College (Freshmen)/Lower Division Transfer Students
Congratulations on your acceptance into FSU. This is a very exciting time for you. We are proud to be part of your journey here at FSU. To better assist you during your Orientation please pay attention to the following information. Please be sure you are reading your FSU email at least once a day for important information. Make sure to attend ALL of your Orientation sessions.
If you have any questions or concerns please email IMSadvising@med.fsu.edu
- Before attending your FSU Orientation session complete the following IMS Orientation Advising Questionnaire to include any IB/AP/AICE or Dual Enrollment credits you will be receiving
- Complete this form even if you have no credits
- Indicate the scores you think you received for any AP/IB/AICE test you have taken.
- This form is used to help our advisors prepare for your orientation advising session
- It is IMPORTANT to list ALL courses you may receive credit for even if you think you failed the exam/course
- Email the completed form to IMSadvising@med.fsu.edu
- Please download the IMS Orientation Advising Questionnaire click here
- All Freshmen entering the IMS Degree Program who do not have dual enrollment credit for MAC1105 College Algebra, MAC1140 Pre-Calculus, MAC1114 Trigonometry, or MAC2311 Calculus WILL HAVE to take the ALEKS math placement to determine the first math course taken
- Even if you have AP or IB credit for MAC2311 the IMS degree office HIGHLY recommends students take Math at the University level for a grade because many Health Professional Schools will not accept any earned credit through examination such as AP/IB/AICE
- Students need a strong math foundation for many of the classes you will be taking in the future. Without the strong foundation you run the risk of struggling in more complex classes, such as organic chemistry.
- The ALEKS Information you should have received with the link to take the test click here