Welcome to The Florida State University College of Medicine!!
Class of 2026, get ready! Orientation is designed to help you get acquainted with the 'lay of the land' and help make your transition to the College of Medicine a success. Your Student Affairs family is here to support, guide and assist you with any questions that may arise throughout your tenure with us. We are excited you are going to be part of the FSU COM family and look forward to your arrival!
Please be sure to re-visit this site periodically as we will continue to provide updates.
Before arrival you will need to:
- Complete all enrollment requirements.
- Complete the admissions checklist at: https://www.med.fsu.edu/Admissions/ (Please make sure that you are completing all of the Castle Branch requirements)
- Verify that University Health Services receives your immunization and proof of adequate health insurance records. For more information go to: https://www.uhs.fsu.edu/
- Please make sure that you complete your FSU ID process prior to Orientation.
- If you recently graduated from FSU, you are not required to order a new ID card. However, this is the only time you will be able to get a new one without paying the $15 replacement fee. It is recommended that you get a new one, as you will use your card on a daily basis.
- Please fill out the Pre-Orientation Survey that was emailed to you. We need this information to order your class shirt and accommodate any dietary restrictions.
- The College of Medicine IT office strongly recommends that incoming students bring an external hard drive with them to FSU, as all students are responsible for backing up their data. A minimum of 500gb model should be sufficient to back-up your laptops while you are here. If you do not already own an external hard drive or you are unsure what type to purchase, then please be prepared to purchase one during your first week here as we will provide more details at orientation.
ORIENTATION IS MANDATORY:
- Orientation schedule can be found here
- Tuesday, May 31st - Wednesday, June 1st
- Please make sure that you dress business professional for both days, and comfortable shoes for Day 2
- Parking – Park in the Student Parking at Stadium Drive and Spirit Way (in the garage or lot beside the garage) - get directions to the College of Medicine. You may use this Parking Pass from May 31st through June 3rd ONLY. Please make sure that you print this pass and place it on your dashboard so that you do not receive a ticket that week. You will need to request your parking permit on-line through FSU Parking Services as soon as possible.
- You cannot request your parking pass until you have been registered for your classes. Please continue to check your myFSU account to see if that has happened.
- Students are expected to have reliable transportation during their tenure at FSU COM.
- Housing Information
- Financial Aid Information
- Medical Equipment Form and website
If you have questions before you arrive, please feel free to contact the following individuals:
- Registrar/Enrollment – Med-Enrollment
- Financial Aid – Ryan Mullins
- Orientation Coordinator – Alicia Weaver
Again, welcome to the FSU COM!