Mandatory Diagnoses & Procedures
A list of mandatory diagnoses and mandatory procedures was developed for the third year psychiatry clerkship based upon the objective of the clerkship and the mission of the FSUCOM. (* See Chart) Following review of the CDCS data, it was determined that there are adequate patient numbers at all clinical sites to meet the objectives of the clerkship. Regardless of the setting in which they are seen, students are exposed to a variety of diagnoses, and this was felt to be the most important goal of the clerkship.
* The list is as follows:
|Major Depression / Dysthymia|
|Generalized Anxiety Disorder / Anxiety Disorders (OCD)|
|Schizophrenia / Psychotic disorders|
|ADHD adult / child|
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing a Mini-mental Status Exam.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing a Mini-COG Exam.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing a depression assessment using a Depression Screening Tool.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing a mental status exam.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing a medicine review.
The clinical setting's needed to accomplish these objective requirements was discussed above.