Provided by the Cell Culture Facility
The Cell Culture Facility is a BSL 2 Laboratory. All work will be performed using BSL 2 guidelines. The facility is equipped with three Biological Safety Cabinets.
Room 3314C has a BSL 2+ cabinet. Primarily work needing a higher level of safety (such as viral work) will be performed in this room. A CO2 incubator is also located in this room.
Room 3314A and 3314B both have a BSL 2 safety cabinet and a CO2 incubator.
Other supplies include:
- Rainin LTS Pipettes-Dedicated for each hood
- Pipet Controller-Dedicated for each hood
- MVE Cryogenic storage system-for small scale storage. Contact director for large scale freezing needs
- Zeiss Inverted Microscope
- 37 deg water bath
- Tabletop refrigerated centrifuge
- Paper towels
- Biohazard bags
Other equipment may be purchased as the need arises.
Provided by the User
All other supplies needed including:
- Pipette tips - sterile and filtered
- Plastic serological pipettes plugged
- Plastic aspiration pipettes or plastic transfer pipettes
- Culture flasks
- Cell scrapers
- Lab coats
- Antibiotics and other additives
- 15 ml and 50 ml conical tubes (disposable)
- Any other miscellaneous supplies needed