Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities
Funding opportunities for postdoctoral scholars of all levels, from those just defending their PhD to those transitioning to their first faculty position are available on this page. A job board site is available to Postdocs (and graduate students) called Biocareers: not yet available.
Funding Search Engines and Lists
Here is a great list of funding opportunities for postdocs:
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Biological Sciences
- Minority Trainee Fellowships and Career Transition Awards
- COS Funding Database - Research funding opportunities in Community of Science (COS). Using "postdoctoral fellowship" as the search term brought 8,887 citations. Learn more about using COS at the FSU Office of Research: an on-line tutorial, classes offered by the Library, one-on-one assistance from a librarian. Two key features of COS:
- Funding Opportunities - Database of announcements for grants, fellowships, and awards
- Funding Alerts - Create and save searches to receive weekly notification of new funding announcements that match individually designated search topics
- NIH F Kiosk – Information about Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Individual Fellowship Funding Opportunities - Lists information about the NIH NRSA funding opportunities.
- NIH K Kiosk - Information about NIH Career Development Awards - Lists information about the NIH career development and transition awards.
- NIH-NRSA stipend levels FY2009
- NIH Postdoctoral Research & Training Opportunities - Lists NIH grant opportunities available to postdoctoral trainees.
- Science Careers - Funding (formerly GrantsNet) - Comprehensive source for graduate and post-graduate funding, grant writing tips and tools, and advice for grant seekers; membership is free.
- The Art of Grantsmanship by Jacob Kraicer
For International Postdocs:
Are you on a H1B visa and thought you could not apply for a fellowship?
That may not be true! There are some funding agencies that are willing to pay employee salaries through the university (rather than a stipend to you directly). If a fellowship is particularly well suited for your research and citizens from your country are eligible, you may contact the funding agency to ask if they will pay salary rather than stipend.
Examples of funding agencies that have paid fellowships as salary to H1B visa-holders in the past are: