Things to Consider
When partcipating in an audio/video conference:
- The quality of your experience depends heavily on the quality of your Internet Service Provider. Unfortunately, we cannot control all aspects of the quality of the conference.
- Please be available to connect to your meetings several minutes before the scheduled start time to give enough time to resolve any technical difficulties, and making sure you’re able to connect.
- Please be sure to position your camera so that other participants can see you (ie: not at the celling, or very top of your head).
- For best lighting, place the light source behind, not in front, of the camera. Close Blinds and avoid sitting in front of windows.
- Don’t forget to mute the microphone when not speaking to prevent feedback and interruptions from background noise.
Cisco Webex is a personal video conferencing software client that you can be installed on your MED computer through Software Center. It can be installed on a personal computer as well. As a user, you will be able to see and hear fellow participants and they will be able to hear and see you. Content can also be shared.
|Downloads||Troubleshooting & Help Guides||Online WebHelp|
* FSU College of Mediicine owned computers running Windows 10 must download Jabber Video from Software Center. Software Center can be found in the Start Menu under Microsoft System Center, or by typing "Software Center" in the search box.
Cisco PrecisionHD USB Camera
If you utilize a PrecisionHD USB Camera with Jabber Video or other video applications, there might be on occasiton a software update for it, which can be found below.
The software update can be run from any of the following system types: Windows, MAC OS X, or Linux.
|Downloads||Check Your Version of Camera Software|
PrecisionHD USB Camera Software