Annual U.S. Supreme Court Health Law Update
Tuesday, July 6, 2016, Noon - 1:00 P.M.
Florida State University
College of Medicine, Room 1306
1115 W. Call St.
Tallahassee, FL 32306
This event is open to the public and free to attend. It will be live-streamed—beginning five minutes before start time—and recorded for later viewing. Lunch will be provided.
For more information, contact:
Center for Innovative Collaboration in Medicine and Law
- Zubic v. Burwell (Affordable Care Act mandate that employers provide insurance for contraceptives)
- Universal Health Services v. U.S. (interpretation of the federal False Claims Act in a case involving false Medicaid claims)
- Luis v. U.S. (freezing of financial assets in a case involving a fraud prosecution of a home health agency)
- Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt (legality of Texas abortion statute)
- Florida “Docs v. Glocks” case involving Florida statute limiting the right of physicians to ask their patients about guns in the home
- U.S. House of Representatives v. Burwell (testing the president’s authority to subsidize insurers for the losses sustained by selling individual policies on the marketplaces)
Marshall B Kapp
Director, FSU Center for Innovative Collaboration in Medicine and Law
FSU College of Medicine, Room 1306