Unlocking the Mystery of Teaching Clinical Reasoning
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE
ALL TIMES LISTED ARE CENTRAL TIME
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
• Define clinical reasoning.
• Describe the roles analytical reasoning and pattern recognition play in clinical decision making.
• Identify one research-based quality of highly effective teachers of clinical reasoning.
• Explain cognitive bias and give one example of a mental error resulting from it.
• Name and describe one or two models or strategies the clinical teacher can use to facilitate the learner’s acquisition of clinical reasoning skills.
Jackson Hospital Board Room