PA Class of 2025 Orientation
Welcome to The Florida State University College of Medicine, School of Physician Assistant Practice!
Class of 2025, get ready! Orientation is designed to help you get acquainted with the 'lay of the land' and help make your transition to the College of Medicine a success. Your Student Affairs family is here to support, guide and assist with any questions that may arise throughout your tenure with us. We are excited about your coming to be part of the FSU COM family and look forward to your arrival!
Please be sure to visit this site periodically as we will continue to provide updates.
Before arrival you will need to:
- Complete all enrollment requirements. Make sure to complete the admissions checklist, log in to
- Be sure that University Health Services receives your immunization and proof of adequate health insurance records. For more information go to: https://www.uhs.fsu.edu/
- Please make sure that you complete your FSU ID process prior to Orientation.
- If you recently graduated from FSU, you are not required to order a new ID card. However, this is the only time you will be able to get a new one without paying the $15 replacement fee. It is recommended that you get a new one, as you will use your card on a daily basis.
- The College of Medicine IT office strongly recommends that incoming students bring an external hard drive with them to FSU, as all students are responsible for backing up their data. A minimum of 500gb model should be sufficient to back-up your laptops while you are here. If you do not already own an external hard drive or you are unsure what type to purchase, then please be prepared to purchase one during your first week here as we will provide more details at orientation.
ORIENTATION IS MANDATORY:
- Wednesday, August 16th - Friday, August 18th
- Attire – Professional Dress for the week. Tallahassee is quite warm so you may want to wear short sleeves or layers. Please check the forecast to be prepared for any inclement weather.
- Please make sure that you dress business professional for both days, and comfortable shoes for Day 2.
- Parking – Park in the Student Parking at Stadium Drive and Spirit Way (in the garage or lot beside the garage) - get directions to the College of Medicine. Once enrolled in classes, you will have to request your parking permit online through FSU Parking Services
- You cannot request your parking pass until you have been registered for your classes. Please continue to check your myFSU account to see if that has happened.
- Students are expected to have reliable transportation during their tenure at FSU CoM.
- Housing Information
- IT recommends that students purchase an external hard drive for computer backup
- White Coat Ceremony: January 19th - 6:00pm-8:00pm
If you have questions before you arrive, please feel free to contact the following individuals:
- Registrar/Enrollment – Med-Enrollment
- Financial Aid – Financial Aid - home | College of Medicine (fsu.edu)
- Orientation Coordinator – Melissa Oglesby
If you have any other questions, please contact Melissa.
Again, welcome to the FSU COM and we look forward to seeing you on August 16th!