Need help or have questions?
Help Desk 850-644-3664
Email the help desk
Contact your regional IT support person
Things to Consider
When partcipating in an audio/video conference:
- The quality of your experience depends heavily on the quality of your Internet Service Provider. Unfortunately, we cannot control all aspects of the quality of the conference.
- Please be available to connect to your meetings several minutes before the scheduled start time to give enough time to resolve any technical difficulties, and making sure you’re able to connect.
- Please be sure to position your camera so that other participants can see you (ie: not at the celling, or very top of your head).
- For best lighting, place the light source behind, not in front, of the camera. Close Blinds and avoid sitting in front of windows.
- Don’t forget to mute the microphone when not speaking to prevent feedback and interruptions from background noise.
Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence
Jabber Video is a personal video conferencing software client that you can install on your computer. As a user, you will be able to see and hear fellow particpants and they will be able to hear and see you, as well as share content as needed back and forth.
IMPORTANT: Cisco Jabber Video may need to be configured to connect to the FSU College of Medicine's video conferencing infrastructure before it will allow you to sign in. Refer to the configuration guide below on how to do this for your appropriate client.
* If you recieve the following error using Internet Explorer: "JabberVideo.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer", users should be able to click "Actions", select "More Options" and then "Run Anyway". If you encounter problems, you can also try using a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
Cisco PrecisionHD USB Camera
If you utilize a PrecisionHD USB Camera with Jabber Video or other video applications, there might be on occasiton a software update for it, which can be found below.
The software update can be run from any of the following system types: Windows, MAC OS X, or Linux.
||Check Your Version of Camera Software
PrecisionHD USB Camera Software
current version CC1.5.0
- Start Cisco Jabber Video.
- Enable self-view (refer to the WebHelp if needed).
- Close the camera's lens shutter, the grey ring at the front of the camera.
- Version number will appear in the self-view at one of the corners (ex: CC1.5).