Sample Interview Day Schedule [pdf]
What to Expect
Before your interview, learn as much as possible about the school. Visit the College of Medicine web site to learn more about the College. On the day of the interview, applicants will have the opportunity to meet current FSU medical students and staff and to tour our facilities.
The interview itself is an informal process where each applicant will have two one-on-one interviews with members of the faculty. The interviewers will have your application file which they will use as a springboard in order to get to know you better. Each interview may last up to one hour.
During the interview, be prepared to answer common questions such as "Why do you want to become a doctor?" and "Why would you like to attend this medical school?" It is also important that you have knowledge about current health care issues. Don't forget to ask questions as well. Most importantly, be honest and be yourself.
- Arrive early, allowing yourself time to park and settle in before the day's events
- Be yourself' that's who the interviewers want to learn more about
- Dress appropriately
- Make eye-contact with your interviewer
- Be polite to everyone you encounter during your visit
- Answer the questions sincerely
- Ask questions during your interview and throughout your visit
- Your academic record
You may be asked about any discrepancies in your academic record, weak grades, etc.
- Extracurricular Activities
If provided the opportunity, talk about any interests you may have that are not academically related.
- Motives for pursuing a medical career
What are your reasons for pursuing a medical career?
- Current issues in health care
You may be asked to discuss a controversial issue or situations dealing with ethics or professionalism in health care. Be aware of current issues and recent debates in the health field.