This highly competitive program is open to a limited number of graduating high school students.
The program seeks candidates who fit the Honors Medical Scholars Program mission and the mission of the FSU College of Medicine. Competitive candidates will have a record of high academic ability, a heart for service, and a sincere concern for vulnerable populations through volunteering. Some exposure and experience in healthcare and health-related settings is recommended. Candidates are selected for an interview for the Honors Medical Scholars Program after they have completed the application process detailed below.
The overall application process and timeline is outlined below.
TO BE ADMITTED TO THE HONORS MEDICAL SCHOLARS (HMS) PROGRAM, you must:
1) Be admitted to FSU as a freshman in December for the following fall.
(Note: this application deadline is October 19, 2016*).
2) Apply to the FSU Honors Program by January 25, 2017 and accepted to the Honors Program by February 17, 2017 **.
3) Apply to the Honors Medical Scholars Program by February 17, 2017.
4) Three letters of recommendation must be received by February 17, 2017 via hard copy by mail or electronically by email.
FSU College of Medicine
1115 West Call Street, MSB 3180
ATTN: Honors Medical Scholars
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4300
Subject: Letters of Recommendation for YOUR NAME
5) Complete an interview with the Honors Medical Scholars program in March.
*If you apply for undergraduate admission after October 19, 2016, you risk being unable to meet the Honors Medical Scholars Program application deadline.
**Admission to the Honors Program does not guarantee consideration for or admission to the Honors Medical Scholars Program.