Dr. Mueller coordinates emergency medicine rotations for students assigned to FSU's Regional Medical School Campus -- Orlando.
Dr. Mueller is an emergency medicine attending physician and is on the teaching faculty in the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Orlando Regional Medical Center, a part of the Orlando Regional Healthcare System in Orlando, Fla. Throughout her medical career, Dr. Mueller has been actively involved in emergency medicine resident and medical student education. Since 1994, she has been coordinator of emergency medicine fourth-year medical student rotations. She is board certified in the subspecialty of medical toxicology, and her clinical interests include acute poisonings and drugs of abuse. Dr. Mueller has given numerous presentations at national meetings, and is an oral board examiner for the American Board of Emergency Medicine.
Undergraduate: University of Florida
Medical School: University of Florida College of Medicine, 1981-1985
Emergency Medicine Residency: Bowman Gray/NC Baptist Hospital, Winston-Salem, N.C., 1985-1988
NIH Fellowship: Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, UCSF, 1988-1990
Oral Board Examiner, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
American College of Medical Toxicology
American Academy of Clinical Toxicology
Toxicology, drugs of abuse and emergency medicine
1. Woo OF, Mueller PD, et al. Shorter duration of oral N-acetylcysteine therapy for acute acetaminophen overdose. Ann Emerg Med 2000; 35: 363-368.
2. Garrison G, Mueller P. Clinical features and outcomes after unintentional gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB) overdose (abstract 184). J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1998; 36: 503-504.
3. Mueller PD, Korey WS. Death by "ecstasy": The serotonin syndrome? Ann Emerg Med 1998; 32: 377-380.
4. Feusner AH, Mueller PD. Incarceration of a gravid fibroid uterus. Ann Emerg Med 1997; 30: 821-824.
5. Smith L, Mueller P. Abdominal pain and hemoperitoneum in the gravid patient: a case report of placenta percreta. Am J Emerg Med 1996; 14: 45-47.